- # 13 Narratives
- # 67 Fakes
- # 70 Sources
Russian information strategy utilizes existing tensions by exaggerating disputes and disagreements between people and amplify popular unrest whenever possible (e.g. Russia tried to amplify social unrest during ‘yellow vest’ protests in France). Internal tensions and clashes undermine developed democracies and cause these countries to focus on their domestic agenda rather than trying to promote their values and support progress in the developing world. This adversely impacts countries such as Ukraine which look for guidance and political support from the West.
The methods used by Russian propaganda are well known - manipulations (blurring facts with misinterpretations), presenting lies as ‘alternative points of view’, and highly emotional blatant lies that are hard to believe but easy to remember. Knowing their methods and narratives can help limit the consumption of fakes and controversies. Therefore, VoxCheck created the database of Russian fakes, disinformation, and propaganda in two European countries - Italy and Germany.
We also recommend you to read additional information about Ukraine, Russia-Ukranian war and Russian propaganda in the next articles:
- Rashism or why russians are the new Nazi
- UPDATED. Provocation and Disinformation Overview
- FAQ on the Russian war in Ukraine: what are we fighting for?
- Five failures of putin’s blitzkrieg in Ukraine
- Three Russian myths that you should abandon right away
- The best macroeconomic policy for Russia
- What makes us, Ukrainians, different from Russians? Aspirations for freedom, liberal democracy, and inclusive society as the primary markers for the Ukrainian-Russian divide!
- The Hague Tribunal: What will russia be tried for and how? VoxCheck explains
- The Geneva Conventions: How Russia breaches them and blames Ukraine for it. VoxCheck explains
- Democracy under the bombs
- It’s not Putin, it’s Russia
- Sanctions on Russian oil have a bite
- Financial and economic sanctions: When enough is enough?
- Stop the corruption of Russian money
- Ukraine’s no-fly zone does not require NATO nor a UN Security Council Resolution: it needs good to cooperate & prevent evil from destroying our planet
- The Moral Bankruptcy of Buying Russian Energy
- The Cost of “Peace” without a reformed Russia will weigh on the world for generations
- Hard truths about likely outcomes of Russia’s attack on Ukraine
- What will happen to a defeated russian empire?